Registration Services Information
All inquiries regarding graduation requirements, diplomas, transcript discrepancies, and bar certification should be directed to the Office of Registration Services. Official Columbia University transcripts with your Law School grades are not available at Registration Services, but must be ordered from Columbia University’s Office of the Registrar.
Timeline for May 2013 Degree Candidates:
- By April 1, be sure to familiarize yourself with the requirements of the various state bar associations (www.abanet.org), and be sure to file your application(s) by the stated deadlines (for the July bar exam, most states have an April 30 deadline).
- April 1 is the deadline for submission of the final draft of the J.D. Major Writing Credit paper, and for all Fall 2012 outstanding written work for J.D. and LL.M. degree candidates (unless the instructor specifies an earlier due date).
- May 1, the last day of Spring 2013 classes, is the deadline for all May 2013 degree candidates to submit written work in Spring 2013 nonexam offerings (unless the instructor specifies an earlier due date).
- April 30 is the deadline for filing applications to take the July bar exam in most states, and is the date by which you should submit your request for bar exam certification to the Law School’s Registration Services Office (earlier if you plan to sit for the Massachusetts Bar; see Bar Applications below).
- May 17 (Friday) is the date by which all grades for May 2013 degree candidates must be recorded in LawNet to allow graduation clearance by Monday, May 20.