Alcohol Policy and Notification Procedures
- Student Services must be notified if you intend to serve alcohol at your event. You must fill out an alcohol notification form and provide it to Student Services.
- You may only serve beer and wine at Law School events held on campus; no hard alcohol is permitted unless you obtain prior written consent from Dean Michelle Greenberg-Kobrin.
- Ample food and non-alcoholic beverages must be served and prominently displayed at any event where beer or wine is served.
- All of your guests must be 21 years of age and must be able to produce identification of age if asked.
- No alcohol may be served at an event that begins before 5:00 p.m. except by prior written consent from Student Services.
Alcoholic beverages may be sold at a student organization event only when a New York liquor license has been obtained. If money changes hands, even in the form of a voluntary donation, the group is breaking the law if it did not obtain a New York Liquor license. Please note that at events during which money changes hands for any reason and alcohol is served, groups must obtain a temporary Beer and Wine Permit from New York State, which must be requested at least two to three weeks in advance. For instructions on how to do so, please visit FACETS.