External Moot Court Competitions
Upperclass moot court competitions offer exciting opportunities to develop legal skills and delve into a particular area of law. The programs listed below are sponsored by external organizations and companies and span a broad range of legal topics. If you are interested in programs that are not listed below, please contact Ilene Strauss, director of legal writing and moot court programs, to discuss your ideas.
Limited funds are available to help defray the costs of participating in an external moot court program. Please contact Student Services for more information about funding. Applications for funds are reviewed four times a year. Priority is given to funding registration fees. Please submit applications for moot courts that meet between October 15 and November 30, by September 30; for moot courts that meet between December 1 and March 31, by October 30; for moot courts that meet between April 1 and June 30, by March 1; and for moot courts that meet between July 1 and October 14, by June 1.
listed by registration deadline
- Date of Competition: March 10th and 11th, 2017
- Location of Competition:Columbus, Ohio
- Deadline for registration: January 1st
- Problem Released: December 12th
- Breifs due: February 6th
- Questions can be directed to Fawn Gadel at 614-236-7237
- Date of Competition: March 16-17, 2017
- Location of Competition: Washington, D.C.
- Deadline for registration: January 13, 2017
- Questions may be directed to Maria Conticelli.
- Prelimiary Arguments: Wednesday, January 25 - Sunday, January 29, 2017 (New York, New York)
- Competition: Monday, April 3 - Friday, April 7, 2017
- Location of Competition: Oxford, United Kingdom
- Deadline for registration: Official Deadline TBA
Oxford University's Price International Media Moot Court 'Competition is dedicated to exploring the issues of media and free expression. The competition, now entering its tenth year, focuses on issues of social media, countering extremism, and international law limiting state efforts to shape limits on speech. The compeition begins with regional qualifying rounds judged by leading media lawyers (the Americas Round will take place from January 25-29, 2017) and culimates in a final round at Oxford in April 2017. Further information about the compeition can be found at pricemootcourt.socleg.ox.ac.uk.