The Center for Public Research and Leadership (“CPRL”) is an emerging partnership of top professional schools that prepares students for leadership positions in public education organizations committed to improving the life chances of all children. The program aspires to bring together upper-level graduate students in business, policy, education, and law from universities across the nation to study and engage in consulting projects serving public- and social-sector organizations undertaking and supporting transformational change in K-12 education and in the public sector as a whole. We offer graduate students the rigorous, multi-disciplinary, academic and experiential preparation they need to flourish in exciting leadership, management, and professional positions in those same organizations while simultaneously offering the organizations high-quality, low-cost consulting support.
We aspire to:
- Widen the pool of capable, professionally diverse managers and leaders dedicated to improving public education;
- Enhance the education and wider public sector’s access to robust, affordable consulting support and usable tools and research; and
- Expand and equalize access to high-quality education for all children.
We plan to achieve this by:
- Attracting talented students from a diverse set of top professional schools and universities to study how organizations work and change;
- Developing the capabilities they need to make public education organizations more effective and agile;
- Enriching their learning through consulting projects for those organizations; and
- Motivating them to pursue careers in public service.
James S. Liebman, Columbia Law School’s Simon H. Rifkin Professor of Law and former head of the New York City Schools’ Division of Accountability and Achievement Resources directs CPRL, conducts its academic seminar, and oversees its consulting teams.
For general inquiries, please email us at email@example.com