Subscription Services and Charges
January - December 2016
Download this information in a one-page PDF
The Library is registered with the Copyright Clearance Center, which acts as a clearinghouse for publishers and authors. Fees noted below do not include royalty fees paid by the Library to the Center. These charges are passed on to the requester.
- Full Day $5,800, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Half-Day $4,000, 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Circulation Policy:
Subscribers may borrow one- or two-volume works. Excluded are items which are non-circulating, e.g., all looseleafs, reference books, primary materials, serials, or individual volumes from sets of three volumes or more.
- Borrowing Period:
- Two weeks (no charge)
- One renewal of one week in length, if book is not needed by another patron.
- Fines for late return:
- $2 per day for first three weeks overdue.
- $4 per day after three weeks, with $200.00 maximum fine.
- $2 [extra] per day for Reserve Collection titles (Some Reserve items may be available only during the summer; one week loan period only).
- $2 extra per day for an item which has been recalled.
- Charge for a lost book:
- Late return fine, plus replacement and processing costs.
Copying and Sending
Per image/page charge:
Book scan copy
Fiche/film scan copy
PDF (individual page print/download)
Fiche/film to paper
eFile (.pdf) sent via email (per 50 pages)
- Rush Service:
Book Request - $10 (ILL requests received 15 minutes [or less] before your firm's subscription period ends/end of business day).
Copy Request - $20 (we should be able to complete scan requests and send them within one hour of receiving cost approval/approval to proceed).
- $20 per 15 minutes. We can do limited amounts of research, but we cannot provide legal advice or guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the material.
- $20 service fee for copy requests from other libraries on the Morningside Campus. Same-day service is not always available for this type of request.
Access to the Library
Subscribers receive six annual passes which may be used during regular library hours by any member of the firm. Special arrangements will need to be made for weekend visits.
Delivery of Books and Documents
- PDFs sent via email.
- Pick up by your courier - see our address and hours.
- Books may be sent by Federal Express; your account number must be provided.
- PDF prints may be sent by U.S. mail.