Semester Study Abroad Programs
Columbia currently has 15 semester study abroad programs in 11 countries around the world available to its J.D. students (students from other law schools are not eligible to participate). Of these 15 semester study abroad programs, 8 are conducted primarily in the English language. In addition to its semester study abroad programs, Columbia was the first law school to establish double degree programs providing both a U.S. and a foreign law degree. Under the American Bar Association Student-Initiated Study Abroad Guidelines, Columbia also encourages students to create their own study abroad programs with universities with which it does not have institutional ties.
ANNOUNCEMENT: Special Independent Study Opportunities
The Office of International Programs is able to facilitate independent semester applications to the following global law schools that, while not official CLS partners, offer numerous opportunities such as certificates, non-credit internships, distinctive curricula, and study in jurisdictions not covered by other Columbia programs.
Please contact Dean Kolker (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details.
• Melbourne Law School LLM Program (non-degree basis)
• Hitotsubashi School of International Corporate Strategy (Tokyo)
• Bucerius Law School – Certificate in Management and Leadership for Lawyers (Hamburg)
• Direito GV - Fundacao Getulio Vargas (Sao Paolo)
• Universidad Comillas (Madrid)
• Yonsei University (Seoul)