Jerome Greene 104 & 106 renovation (Summer 2012)
The Information Technology department has upgraded the technologies in Jerome Greene hall 104 and 106 classrooms.
The upgrade was a complete overhaul and replacement of the cabling, equipment, and control systems in these classrooms. The new system features improvements in audio quality, recording capabilities, and projection. These improvements will offer a greater level of flexibility in accommodating your classroom technology needs.
Technological improvements include:
- Louder and clearer amplification when speaking from the podium or lavalier (lapel) microphones
- Student microphones that can be serviced and replaced by our department and not a specialized contractor
- New projectors that display a brighter, clearer image in High Definition (HD)
- Blu-Ray playback
- A larger, High Definition (HD) monitor at the podium with a built-in touch-screen display that allows you to conveniently control the room’s audiovisual options
- High Definition (HD) cameras for lecture captures
- The ability to completely remove the podium and still retain voice and projection capabilities when hosting conferences and symposia
- And much more
There is an extensive amount of programming involved in making all these technologies work in perfect harmony. To that end, the Information Technology department, in conjunction with the firm responsible for the installation of these systems, are committed to providing you with the support you need to teach effectively in these classrooms.
We have extensively tested these new systems, in an attempt to provide you with the smoothest transition possible. We kindly ask that you provide us with any and all feedback as you use the technology.
We have dedicated staff members monitoring these classrooms and your comments closely, so that we may intervene quickly to fix any issues that may arise.
We further invite you to send us an email at email@example.com, so that a member of our staff can provide you with a tutorial on the use of the new rooms and provide you with a level of comfort and familiarity before the start of your class or event.
All the best in the upcoming school year!