Human Rights Institute
The Human Rights Institute serves as the focal point of international human rights education, scholarship and practice at Columbia Law School. The Institute currently focuses on a number of key themes, and, throughout the year, hosts a wide array of symposia, lectures, and other events to bring practitioners and scholars together.
- Human Rights Clinic Visits Central African Republic to Support Efforts to Advance Forensic Science and War Crimes Investigations
- Columbia Law School Human Rights Institute Announces Launch of 2016-2017 Event Series: Is Business Co-Opting the Business and Human Rights Field?
- Human Rights Clinic Joins NGO Coalition to Urge Obama to Fulfill Promises of Transparency on Drone Strikes.
- International Human Rights Lawyer, Rahma A. Hussein, Joins the Human Rights Institute
- Human Rights Institute and National Center for Access to Justice organize civil society consultation with White House Legal Aid Inter-Agency Roundtable on access to justice indicators for implementation of Goal 16 in the U.S.
- HRI faculty co-director Sarah Knuckey wins Global Innovation Award to design innovative trainings in advanced techniques for investigating human rights violations.
- The Human Rights Insitute invites applications for a Project Associate with the Security Force Monitor project.
- Columbia Law School human rights student Jacob Bogart '18 on the rights of prisoners with disabilities in Nigeria.
- HRI Welcomes International Legal Expert, Alex Moorehead, as Director of the Project on Counterterrorism, Armed Conflict, and Human Rights.
- Human Rights Institute Announces the ‘Commendation for Leadership and Commitment in Human Rights’ 2016 Awardees.
- Risa Kaufman discusses UN working group's report on discrimination against women in the U.S. in her latest post on the Human Rights at Home blog.
- Human Rights Clinic alum, Bassam Khawaja '15, quoted in the New York Times on the crisis in education for Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
- HRI faculty co-director Sarah Knuckey on 'The Good and Bad in the US Government’s Civilian Casualties Announcement.'
- HRI Symposium Explores Strategies for Engaging with UN Human Rights Experts.
- Human Rights Clinic project in Papua New Guinea gains traction as women accuse Barrick Gold of ignoring women's rape complaints.
- Faculty Co-Director Sarah Cleveland Presents on Behalf of the Human Rights Committee at the Palais des Nations in Geneva.
- Take a look at the recently launched book, Global Urban Justice: the rise of human rights cities, with contributions by HRI Associate Director, JoAnn Ward.
More News and Features