Climate Change Laws of Ethiopia
Status under International Climate Change Law
- UNFCCC: signature (10 June 1992) and ratification (5 April 1994)
- KP: signature and ratification (14 April 2005)
Federal Laws on Climate Change
- Ethiopian Programme of Adaptation to Climate Change (EPACC) (2010) to mainstream climate change into decision-making on a national level and emphasize planning and implementation monitoring.
- Climate-Resilient Green Economy (CRGE) Initiative (September 2011) to focus on a national plan for climate change and to set a target of keeping emissions at their 2010 level by 2030.
- Ethiopia Energy Policy (1994) to increase availability of reliable and affordable energy supplies.
- The Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP) (2010) to serve as the government’s development plan and set energy targets concerning electricity generation from renewable resources and expansion of transmission and distribution systems.
Updated as of: January 2014