Climate Change Laws of Ecuador
Status under International Climate Change Law
- UNFCCC: signature (6 June 1992), ratification (23 February 1993), and entry into force (21 March 1994)
- KP: signature (15 January 1999), ratification (13 January 2000), and entry into force (16 February 2005)
Quantified emission limitation or reduction commitment: na
- Vienna Convention: accession (10 April 1990)
- Montreal Protocol: accession (30 April 1990)
- 2020 Pledge: No pledge made
Federal Laws on Climate Change
Forests and Land Use
Aguilar, S. and Recio, E. (2013). “Climate Change Law in Latin America” In Hollo, Kulovesi & Mehling (eds.), Climate Change and the Law. http://www.ambienteycomercio.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/aguilar-and-recio_FINAL-1.pdf
The REDD Desk (2012). Ecuador: An Overview from the REDD countries database (Online). http://theredddesk.org/countries/ecuador.
Viteri, A. (2010). Documento De Análisis Del Sector Forestal En El Contexto De Adaptación Y Mitigación Al Cambio Climático Del Sector Uso De Suelo, Cambio De Suelo, Y Silvicultura (FORESTAL) En El Ecuador. United Nations Development Programme.
Updated as of: April 20, 2014
Summaries compiled from Terry Townsend et al., The GLOBE Climate Legislation Study (4th ed. 2014).