Climate Change Laws of Chile
Status under International Climate Change Law
- UNFCCC: signature (13 June 1992), ratification (22 Dec 1994), and entry into force (22 March 1995)
- KP: signature (17 June 1998), ratification (26 Aug 2002), and entry into force (16 February 2005)
Quantified emission limitation or reduction commitment: na
- Vienna Convention: signature and ratification (6 Mar 1990)
- Montreal Protocol: signature and ratification (19 Mar 1990)
- 2020 Pledge: Reduce 20% of emissions from business as usual
Federal Laws on Climate Change
National Climate Change Action Plan 2008-2012 4 December 2008 (Spanish) serves to generate information for a longer term climate policy, including an analysis on the climate situation and proposes strategies for adaptation, mitigation, and capacity-building.
Forests and Land Use
Updated as of: April 1, 2014
Summaries compiled from Terry Townsend et al., The GLOBE Climate Legislation Study (3d ed. 2013).