Center for Climate Change Law
CCCL develops legal techniques to fight climate change, trains students and lawyers in their use, and provides up-to-date resources on key topics in climate law and regulation.
Latest from the Center
• New brochure, Environmental Law at Columbia
• "Deluge of New York City Laws Guards Against Flooding, Protects Environment," New York Law Journal, March 23, 2014
• Climate Change Securities Disclosures in Australia, Working Paper by CLS Alumnus and CCCL attorney volunteer Amanda Liu, March 2014
• "US Federal Climate Change Law in Obama’s Second Term," by Michael B. Gerrard and Shelley Welton, Transnational Environmental Law (forthcoming in Transnational Environmental Law, spring 2014)
• "The Day After Tomorrow: A Survey Of How Gulf Coast State Utility Commissions and Utilities are Preparing for Future Storms," paper by Columbia Law Student Katherine Carey, March 5, 2014.
• "New York State Leading on Utility Climate Change Adaptation," New York Law Journal, Feb. 27, 2014.
• New York State Public Service Commission unanimously adopts historic settlement in Con Ed rate case sought by Center for Climate Change Law and environmental groups. Con Ed will implement state-of-the-art measures to address affects of climate change. Press Release, February 20, 2014; PSC Order, February 21, 2014.
• New Columbia Resource Tracks Implementation of the President's Climate Action Plan
• Threatened Island Nations: Legal Implications of Rising Seas and a Changing Climate, Michael Gerrard & Gregory E. Wannier (Co-Editors) (Cambridge University Press, 2013).
More publications are available here. Materials from past events are available here.
"Columbia Journal of Environmental Law Spring Symposium 2014"
Date: Thursday, April 17 2014
Location: Jerome Green Hall 105,
Symnposium followed by an Alumni and Student Reception, Jerome Green Annex
RSVP for the Symposium
RSVP for the Reception
"Tackling the Climate Crisis: Challenges and Solutions"
Date: Monday, April 21, 2014
Location: William June Warren Hall, L107
Amsterdam Ave. between W.115 and 116
"Key Environmental Issues in U.S. EPA Region 2"
Date: May 29, 2014
Time: 9:00AM - 5:00PM ET
Location: COLUMBIA LAW SCHOOL
Jerome L. Greene Hall, Lobby Level, Room 104
Download poster with agenda