Sabin Center for
Climate Change Law
The Sabin Center develops legal techniques to fight climate change, trains students and lawyers in their use, and provides up-to-date resources on key topics in climate law and regulation.
Latest from the Center
The Sabin Center in Lima: Associate Director Jenny Klein and former Associate Director Meredith Wilensky at COP-20
• January 2015 Update to the U.S. and Non-U.S. Climate Litigation Charts
• New York Environmental Legislation And Regulations in 2014, New York Law Journal, January 15, 2015
• The Sabin Center in Lima: Associate Director Jenny Klein and former Associate Director Meredith Wilensky attended the 2014 UN Climate Change Conference (COP-20) and provided a first hand account of the negotiations. Visit the Center's Climate Law Blog for their coverage of the conference and side events. The Sabin Center also partnered with the Legal Response Initiative (LRI) to connect delegates from least developed countries (LDCs) with experts from around the world who can answer their questions about COP-20. Learn more about the Center's collaboration with LRI.
• Debating Divestment: Investment Experts Weigh In On Whether Divesting from Fossil Fuel Stocks Can Help Combat Climate Change
• Paperback edition of Professor Gerrard’s book THREATENED ISLAND NATIONS: LEGAL IMPLICATIONS OF RISING SEAS AND A CHANGING CLIMATE just published by Cambridge University Press.
• Sabin Center submits comments on energy efficiency components of EPA's Proposed Clean Power Plan
• 50-State Survey of State Climate Laws Posted as Supplement to Gerrard/Freeman Text
• "A Pacific Isle, Radioactive and Forgotten," New York Times, December 3, 2014
• "Should Universities and Pension Funds Divest from Fossil Fuel Stocks?" Video of program available
• Associate Director Jennifer Klein gave a presentation on Potential Claims against Municipalities Associated with Climate Change as part of a webinar hosted by the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Cities Initiative.
• "New Statute Requires State Agencies to Consider Climate Risks," New York Law Journal, November 13, 2014
• Flag State Regulation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions, by Alyssa Kutner and Meredith Wilensky (November 2014)
• Sabin Center Celebrates New Era of Environmental Leadership
• "New York Environmental Impact Statements Beginning to Address Climate Resiliency" by Ethan Strell, October 2014. Reprinted from Environmental Law in New York with permission. Copyright 2014 Matthew Bender & Company, Inc., a LexisNexis company. All rights reserved.
• Applications invited for Fellowship in Climate Change Law
• New Working Paper: "Legal and Scientific Integrity in Advancing a 'Land Degradation Neutral World'," by Shelley Welton, Michela Biasutti and Michael Gerrard
• Columbia Law School Organizes Powerful Slate of Events Around U.N. Climate Summit
• Michael Burger '03 named new Executive Director of SCCCL
• "Legal Challenges to Obama Administration’s Clean Power Plan," New York Law Journal, September 11, 2014
• "Solving the CSO Conundrum: Green Infrastructure and the Unfulfilled Promise of Federal-Municipal Cooperation"
• Andrew Sabin Family Foundation Donates $3.5 Million to Bolster Our Work; We’re Renamed Sabin Center for Climate Change Law
More publications are available here. Materials from past events are available here.
LECTURE: U.S. CLIMATE ACTION IN AN ERA OF CONGRESSIONAL HOSTILITY: DOMESTIC AND GLOBAL IMPLICATIONS
Date: January 7, 2015
Location: Saieh Hall, Room 112, University of Chicago
NAEP Webinar - Council on Environmental Quality Revised Draft Guidance on Integrating Analysis of Greenhouse Gases and Climate Change in NEPA Documents
Date: January 28, 2015
For more information:
Contact: Tim Bower
Sign Up for Publications & Litigation Chart Updates
For SCCCL publications and blog updates, click HERE
For climate change litigation chart updates, click HERE