Sabin Center for
Climate Change Law
The Sabin Center develops legal techniques to fight climate change, trains students and lawyers in their use, and provides up-to-date resources on key topics in climate law and regulation.
Latest from the Center
Sabin Center Faculty Director Mike Gerrard leads off panel discussion on what Transpacific Partnership means for climate change.
• "HUD Doesn’t Need New Legislative Authority to Better Integrate Climate Change Resilience into Its Disaster Recovery Program" by Justin Gundlach and Channing Jones (forthcoming Environmental Law Reporter, Apr. 2016)
• Video: What Effect Will the Transpacific Partnership Have on Domestic and International Climate Change Action?
• Sabin Center submits comments on the environmental impact statement for the North Fork Coal Mining Exception to the Colorado Roadless Rules
• "New York Environmental Legislation and Regulations in 2015" by Michael Gerrard and Edward McTiernan (New York Law Journal 2016)
• "Legal Pathways to Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions under Section 115 of the Clean Air Act" by Michael Burger, Ann Carlson, Michael Gerrard, Jayni Foley Hein, Jason Schwartz and Keith Benes (2016)
- Executive summary available here.
• "Planning for Enhanced Climate Risks: A Perspective from the Military" by Dean W. Korsak (2016)
• Call for Papers: Sabin Colloquium on Innovative Environmental Law Scholarship
• Press Release: Cities Nationwide Join Litigation to Support Implementation of the EPA's Clean Power Plan (read the motion here)
• UNEP publishes report on Climate Change and Human Rights, co-authored by Michael Burger and Jessica Wentz (2015)
• Sabin Center provides legal research and advice at COP21
• "Regulation of Movement Of Crude Oil by Rail in New York" by Michael Gerrard (New York Law Journal 2015)
• "How Much Does the Existing Regulatory Patchwork Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions?" by Justin Gundlach (2015)
• "Sustainable Development and the Brazilian Judge" by Gabriel Wedy (2015)
• "Assessing the Impacts of Climate Change on the Built Environment: A Framework for Environmental Reviews" by Jessica Wentz (Environmental Law Reporter 2015)
• John Cruden gives the first annual David Sive Memorial Lecture
• Sabin Center scholars present at "Social Dynamics and Climate Change," a side-conference to COP21 being held this week at the Sorbonne
• "Designing a Climate Change Coordination Displacement Facility: Key Issues for COP 21" by Jessica Wentz and Michael Burger (2015)
• The Center for Global Energy Policy and the Sabin Center co-hosted a panel discussion on Meeting China's Climate Goals: video / written summary
• Sabin Center Director Michael Gerrard discusses climate change and the U.N. development goals at conference with former Vice President Al Gore and other distinguished speakers
• Justin Gundlach joins Sabin Center as new Climate Law Fellow
• "Supreme Court Ruling on Mercury Shows Little Deference to EPA" by Michael Gerrard (New York Law Journal 2015)
• The Sabin Center is now accepting applications for a two-year Climate Law Fellowship. Information on the application process is available here.
• "Clarifying IRS's View on Climate Change as a Charitable Purpose in order to Mobilize Program-Related Investments for Climate Change Solutions" by Edward Lloyd, Olga Basko, Surbhi Sarang, and Polly Silverman (Columbia Environmental Law Clinic 2015)
More publications are available here. Materials from past events are available here.
• Climate Law Bibliography
Upcoming Conferences and Events
Event: New York State Environmental Year in Review, Date: February 22, 2016, Time: 8:30-10:00 am, Venue: 42 West 44th St. New York, NY 10036
Cost: Free but must register here.
Sign Up for Publications & Litigation Chart Updates
For SCCCL publications and blog updates, click HERE
For climate change litigation chart updates, click HERE