Crime Prevention Tips
- Do not place laptop computers or valuables in lockers.
- Keep laptop computers in full sight at all times.
- Use a security cable to lock laptops to anchors found at desks throughout the law library; cables are available at wholesale pricing through the Crime Prevention office at Columbia University Public Safety.
- Have your laptop engraved with a unique ID number that is kept on file with the New York Police Department and Columbia University Public Safety.
- Back up important files to the H: drive on your network account.
- During the exams period, be alert of your surroundings and double-check your locker to make sure it is secured.
- Please inform the Building Services and Operations team of any property thefts at the Law School.
To report suspicious activity or persons:
Step 1: Call Public Safety
Phone: 212-854-5555, or 99 from a campus phone.
Step 2: Call Building Services and Operations
Tony Pallone, Director of Building Services and Operations
Garrett Bergen, Assistant Director of Building Services and Operations
Luis Santiago, Building Manager, Building Services and Operations