Board of Visitors
Formed in 1933, the Board of Visitors is Columbia Law School's advisory board. Board members are a distinguished group of graduates who represent the diversity of experiences, interests and geographic regions that lie at the heart of Columbia Law School. Members are appointed by the President and Trustees of the University upon recommendation by the Dean of the Law School.
The board's principal responsibilities are:
- to receive and consider information concerning the activities of the School and issues relating to legal education;
- to counsel the dean and the faculty about the School's educational opportunities and directions;
- to bring to the Dean's attention new issues and concerns;
- to inform the President and Trustees about the state of the School and its needs;
- to serve as liaison between the School and its graduates and friends by studying and communicating developments at the School.
The full board meets twice per year. The Board has created several committees to help advise the Dean on important issues related to the Law School, its faculty and its students.
Steven B. Epstein '68
Founding Partner, Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
Geoffrey J. Colvin '77
Partner, CEW Partners
Sonja Carter, Dean and Associate Dean for Development, Alumni Relations, and Communications
Columbia Law School
435 West 116th Street, Box A-2
New York, NY 10027